Winding down a beautiful Mother’s Day on Maui, Hawaii with nutty, figgy, baguette crust-driven Champagne, yet with a pithy, chalky, and pleasantly bitter medium plus finish. Very good 4 of 5. Thanks Maui Costco for selling it at $38 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Brut NV.
Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- A Rosé to Slay Summer: Clos Cibonne Tibouren Rose France 2016 Wine Review
- Volcano Wine Tornatore, Etna Rosso, Sicily Italy 2016
- A Chill Carmenere Wine from Paso Robles Dubost 2014
- A Winey Whiskey For The Rest Of Us: Glenmorangie Nectar dOr Highland Single Malt Whiskey Scotland
- Mellen Meyer Oregon Bubbly
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York