Winding down a beautiful Mother’s Day on Maui, Hawaii with nutty, figgy, baguette crust-driven Champagne, yet with a pithy, chalky, and pleasantly bitter medium plus finish. Very good 4 of 5. Thanks Maui Costco for selling it at $38 Piper-Heidsieck Champagne Brut NV.
Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Mourvedre Part 2: Wine Review 5 Blocks Terry Hoag Paso Robles 15
- Nebbiolo…from Oregon? Cerulean Nebbiolo Columbia Gorge OR 2010
- Fizz Fit For The Queen: Hattingley Valley Classic Reserve English Sparkling Wine NV Review
- Give Mourvèdre Its Due: Wine Review of Croad, Paso Robles, California 2011
- Nearly New Year: Champagne Dinner at Paley’s Place Portland Oregon
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York