Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- How Not To Hate A Wine: Give Cheese A Chance
- The Other Pinot Noir: Wine Review Vieux Télégraphe Télégramme, Châteauneuf-du-Pape France 2014
- Thanksgiving Wine Recommendation: Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad Reserve Willamette Valley 2014
- Drinking Above My Means: Wine Auction Salud
- Breaking Bad: French Wine Rules VS Vincent Paris, Granit blanc, 2015
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Category Archives: Riesling
With the holidays in full swing, we need to escape from the joy/stress of shopping, family/work parties. So Wayward Wine will up posts EU Austerity Drinking Tour in the following weeks.
Last Monday’s post, Munich’s Residenz palace managed to glow through winter. We slighted some rather nice beer (mainly out of frustration with the monopoly of big producers). So let us give Germanic wine a chance.
Munich lacks water bodies to make wine this deep into the continent. So this white comes of the steep banks of the Rein, in the heart of Germany’s western wine country: the Rheinhessen: Continue reading
Every day, customers come to me: “where are your sweet reds? Whites? Pinks?”, or “I’m a sweet person”, or worse, “I’m a dry person.” Really? Well, I have a lotion for that. Asking for only sweet or dry wine shortcuts … Continue reading