Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Okanagan Valley
Stuck at home? Grab a glass of something nice. Since we can’t travel, stray with me to the edge of wine-making. With so many “important” wine regions out there, I had set aside Canada’s Okanagan Valley. It was too far, … Continue reading
Wayward Wine continues its search for local wine in British Columbia.
So we drive South of Vancouver to Richmond. Rain pours outside. What better way to start a wet day than inside a Cannery museum? Continue reading
Out of desperation, we reserved lunch for Half Off Wine Wednesday. Online research found, finally, that wines equaled BC winery prices (albeit still twice US retail). More importantly, the Pacific Culinary Institute sourced food locally. The food should meld well … Continue reading
Vancouver Visit: Mt. Boucherie, Family Estate Winery, Ehrenfelser, Okanagan Valley BC VQA 2012 17.99 ca
Wayward Wine is presently on location in Vancouver, BC in Canada exploring its wines (EU Austerity Drinking Tour posts will resume shortly). The challenge was adjusting to BC sticker shock. The province tightly controls pricing and taxes alcohol to the … Continue reading