Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Okanagan Valley
Watch me in all my splendor tour you through the Okanagan’s landmark winery, Quail’s Gate, and taste their electric dry Riesling:
Hello! Follow me through Canada’s famed Okanagan Valley and check out the most extreme wines of the North. Today’s example, newcomer: O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars and their Chardonnay. Continue reading
Stuck at home? Grab a glass of something nice. Since we can’t travel, stray with me to the edge of wine-making. With so many “important” wine regions out there, I had set aside Canada’s Okanagan Valley. It was too far, … Continue reading
Wayward Wine continues its search for local wine in British Columbia.
So we drive South of Vancouver to Richmond. Rain pours outside. What better way to start a wet day than inside a Cannery museum? Continue reading
Out of desperation, we reserved lunch for Half Off Wine Wednesday. Online research found, finally, that wines equaled BC winery prices (albeit still twice US retail). More importantly, the Pacific Culinary Institute sourced food locally. The food should meld well … Continue reading