Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: riesling
Watch me in all my splendor tour you through the Okanagan’s landmark winery, Quail’s Gate, and taste their electric dry Riesling:
2019’s harvest did not go as planned. Still, I managed to squeeze out a wine from my backyard experiment vines. Watch my review of it here: Continue reading
WINE REVIEW: BISCHÖFLICHE SCHARZHOFBERGER KABINETT RIESLING GERMANY 2016 Continue reading
Why fight the cold outside? Let us acclimate to the season with a left field, Winter white. We head south, to a country synonymous with big reds and steak: Argentina. Yes, Argentina, a country that has sold its soul to Malbec. Let us pick the exact opposite of Malbec, the coolest climate grape common to cold, wet, Germany: Riesling. Continue reading
Celebrate all that fantastic France is by enjoying the nationwide celebration of Alsatian wine producer Hugel today, November 14th. Blackbird Wine Shop will pour five scintillating whites from 2-5pm for free in Northeast Portland. Be there!