Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Across Time and Space: Olga Raffault Les Picasses Chinon Cabernet Franc 2010
- An Amarone for October: Le Ragose 2007
- Fall Calls For Dessert Wine: Kracher Beerenauslese 2011 Austria
- A Wild Fall White Wine: Nino Negri, Ca’Brione, Valtellina, Italy 2015
- Virginian Wine is for Lovers? Drinking Local -VS- Trendsetting
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Category Archives: CABERNET CRISES: MY FOURTH WINE
A lifetime has passed since I picked up Vidal Blanc juice, fresh from harvest in New York’s Finger Lakes on October 23rd. Between then and present, my wine underwent fermentation, fining, cold stabilization, and at least three rackings. Once the … Continue reading
It’s time. Real wineries have machines that sterilize, fill, cap, and label hundreds bottles in seconds…those lucky (rich) bastards. My advice, just buy wine, because making it will ruin you. Round two…bubbly: Tune in next week for the final bottling … Continue reading
A little wine-down-time, and I go to re-rack… Fine. Dandy. Now what? I try the wine left in the tank. It’s hopelessly mild. My wife tastes it. There’s alcohol, something citrus, pear, maybe mineral hiding around there. But she likens … Continue reading