Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- Across Time and Space: Olga Raffault Les Picasses Chinon Cabernet Franc 2010
- An Amarone for October: Le Ragose 2007
- Fall Calls For Dessert Wine: Kracher Beerenauslese 2011 Austria
- A Wild Fall White Wine: Nino Negri, Ca’Brione, Valtellina, Italy 2015
- Virginian Wine is for Lovers? Drinking Local -VS- Trendsetting
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Category Archives: Canadian Maritimes
Our flight from Halifax nears. My wife and I have tried Jost’s decent wines and toured Keith’s beer theme park. They tasted fine and fit expectations. But the city beckons our search on. Where hides its future? Its tradition breakers? … Continue reading
In my last post, Nova Scotia’s burgeoning wines got a respectful nod. But we cannot ignore beer. Halifax hosts more pubs per capita than anywhere else in Canada. High time we pay homage to its most hallowed ground: Alexander Keith’s … Continue reading
The coastal calm of Charlottetown sinks in. My wife and I forget time or place. We have touristed its top sites: from Province House, to the olive oil chain, to Gahan’s very respectable microbrewery, to the Dirt Shirt company. Now … Continue reading