Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
- Okanagan Winery Visit: O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars Wine Review Chardonnay
- Homemade Wine Review: My Own Field Blend And 2019 Harvest Report
- Video Wine Review: Fratelli Perata Tre Sorelle Cabernet Blend Paso Robles 2010
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Category Archives: Cabernet Franc
Has a decade tamed the monster Cabernet Franc Merlot blend from Paso Robles? Check out my video review Daou Seventeen Forty, Paso Robles, 2010
Day 81 of our EU AUSTERITY DRINKING ADVENTURE, we leave Paris for Tours.
Finally, Wayward Wine can sink its teeth into one of France’s wildest wine regions and Paris’ secret source: the Loire Valley.
Our bags rattle, lost, over streams of cobbled streets. Tram lines, torn up decades ago, are returning (thanks environmentalists) but not yet functional (thanks unions).
With our hostel found, we unload our gypsy-train of luggage and jackets to explore the town. Continue reading
Cabernet franc: the parent you wished you had. Not to be confused with its bombastic child, cabernet sauvignon (born from pollen swapping with sauvignon blanc). The cabs do share similarities: strong tannins, notes of cassis, berry, pepper and herbs. Yet … Continue reading