Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: merlot
Watch my review of this elegant, aged 2010 Cabernet Sauvginon blend Tre Sorelle by Fratelli Perata from Paso Robles, California.
Has a decade tamed the monster Cabernet Franc Merlot blend from Paso Robles? Check out my video review Daou Seventeen Forty, Paso Robles, 2010
Wow. Hi internet, I missed you. Toddler distractions notwithstanding, let us turn our sails back toward the wine dark sea. Many leagues ago, I started to review Balkan wines my mother-in-law smuggled back with her. The tannic, native grape, Vranak made for some puckered and challenged palates (read here). But, how does Bosnia-Herzegovina handle the stereotyped grape of plush pleasure and ease: Merlot? Continue reading
Last week, a 2009 Bordeaux pissed us off. In desperation, only food could tame its barking tannins. But this week, we flip the script and flip the river bank. We have a Left Bank, Haut-Médoc: famed for Cabernet blends and alluvial soils.
Ready your glass and soul for a Bordeaux that pleases right out of the gate (hopefully): Continue reading