One should never drink and vlog, but considering that half the bottle is gone, my memory served me decently here. To clarify, the Chateauneuf-du-Pape AOC has allowed 18 grapes since 2009, although 13 has been industry standard since 1936. Cigare Volant’s official blend for the insatiably curious: 38% Grenache, 35% Syrah, 35% Mourvèdre, 8% Carignan, 7% Cinsault.
Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Chinese Wine Review: Chateau Rongzi 2013 Shanxi China
- Break Work With Chardonnay From Italy
- Mourvedre Part 3: Wine Review of Kenneth Volk, Mourvèdre, Enz Vineyard, Lime Kiln Valley, California 2012
- Mourvedre Part 2: Wine Review 5 Blocks Terry Hoag Paso Robles 15
- Nebbiolo…from Oregon? Cerulean Nebbiolo Columbia Gorge OR 2010
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York