Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
- Okanagan Winery Visit: O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars Wine Review Chardonnay
- Homemade Wine Review: My Own Field Blend And 2019 Harvest Report
- Video Wine Review: Fratelli Perata Tre Sorelle Cabernet Blend Paso Robles 2010
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Bonny Doon Vineyard
I met Herb last week. He stood behind a table, in a black shirt and cap. His wines lined up in front of him. Nothing else. Flanking him towered suit and tie representatives from Oregon’s famed Pinot Noir producers. They had flyers, business cards, banners, and slideshows of vineyard porn on small screens.
I tried their wines, heard their soliloquies, but kept returning to Herb. His black, cracked hands poured each bottle. He said even less. I felt that he itched to return to his vines, tanks, and family in Southern, Oregon. Continue reading
One should never drink and vlog, but considering that half the bottle is gone, my memory served me decently here. To clarify, the Chateauneuf-du-Pape AOC has allowed 18 grapes since 2009, although 13 has been industry standard since 1936. Cigare … Continue reading