Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Pinot meunier
Winding down our eight year anniversary trip to Napa Valley, we start our last day with bubbly for breakfast. Yesterday, Stags’ Leap stained us with their cabs (read here). So we may be a bit biased with fizz in our future.
Our rainy drive South finds Yountville and Chandon’s first vineyard: Continue reading
So it begins. After years of making wine from bought grapes, finally, finally, I could plant my own vines. It only took buying a home with a quarter acre…minor details… Continue reading
I plunk a bottle on the table. “English Quality Sparkling Wine” the label proclaims. No, that is not a euphemism for beer. It is Ridgeview’s hopeful claim to the crown of Champagne. Odd though it seems, across the Channel, Southern … Continue reading
Lanson began in 1760. It is one of the oldest Grandes Marques (big brands) Champagne houses. It is the fourth largest today. Even Queen Elizabeth II awarded them a warrant to supply the royal family. Who can argue with a … Continue reading