Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: WSET
Hello! Follow me through Canada’s famed Okanagan Valley and check out the most extreme wines of the North. Today’s example, newcomer: O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars and their Chardonnay. Continue reading
This Monday finds us 126 days deep into our EU Austerity Drinking Tour: our post-WSET Advanced attempt to (cheaply) drink our way through Europe’s great vineyards, breweries and distilleries.
Last Monday’s post visited Lyon’s Roman ruins, a Crozes-Hermitage under $10, and big, pretty churches. Today, we wake to omelets and cappuccino in our home stay. The Metro then slingshots us to the Lumiere estate. Apartments have mostly replaced their photo factory, but one vestige remains: Continue reading
I am reunited with my laptop. Let’s get cracking with Scotland. My gig is wine. I rarely drink whisky. But I had heather-tinted glasses on last August. After weeks in Canada and Iceland, my wife and I were touring Scotland. … Continue reading