Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Wine & Spirit Education Trust
“Possession” provides the theme for September’s Monthly Wine Writing Challenge begun by The Drunken Cyclist.
Already, possession has revealed many astounding collections online: from old bottles, to 173 glasses, to German vineyard land laws.
For as many reasons as people, wine often leads to obsessive hoarding. We wine geeks splurge on rare, interesting, and expensive bottles. But when to open them? When will the window of drinkability close? Should we keep the experience to ourselves or share (and show off) to friends? Does one even “own”, let alone remember, a wine after drinking it? Continue reading