Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: New Zealand
Last Sunday we smashed twenty pints of Pumpkin beers, as well as a few pumpkins.
But tonight is different. It’s my birthday, and we can think of nothing better than free beer and a t-shirt (it’s called commitment). So we return to The Green Dragon.
Aside from the occasional Killer Pumpkin Festival, The Green Dragon updates its 62 rotating tapped kegs daily. We start with their own Green Tea Mead (good, easy, light) and then move to a Pumpkin Porter, and then find beers from New Zealand to Germany and anywhere in between. Continue reading
Entrée Paris 3: Père Lachaise Cemetery and Domaine de Rotisson, “Les Dalines”, Pinot Noir, Burgundy 2010: EU Austerity Drinking Tour #42
Day 76 of our EU Austerity Drinking Tour. We have to slow down. Versailles had exhausted us (last week’s post). To avoid (most of the) tourist hordes, we hike to Père Lachaise Cemetery.
Once in this grid of the famous and dead, we unleash our inner Art Historians, and hunt for our heroes of the humanities. Continue reading