Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Porter
Last Sunday we smashed twenty pints of Pumpkin beers, as well as a few pumpkins.
But tonight is different. It’s my birthday, and we can think of nothing better than free beer and a t-shirt (it’s called commitment). So we return to The Green Dragon.
Aside from the occasional Killer Pumpkin Festival, The Green Dragon updates its 62 rotating tapped kegs daily. We start with their own Green Tea Mead (good, easy, light) and then move to a Pumpkin Porter, and then find beers from New Zealand to Germany and anywhere in between. Continue reading
Pints from the Franciscan Well Brewery warm our walk back to our homestay. We stumble upon ruins of a distillery We also visit a militant penitentiary: Soon evening shades the port of Cork, Ireland. Punks chase each other. Couples mouth … Continue reading