Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: apple pie
I have made moderately terrible wines from grapes. I have made a few lovely beers with my brewing wife (thanks to my wife). I have never toyed with hard apple cider. With Fall upon us, nature throws an emergency-opportunity my way: Continue reading
Last Monday sampled beer from the Franciscan Well Brewery in Cork, Ireland. We return to test their cask ale.
A week ago in Dublin, we tried their Purgatory Pale Ale from cask at the Bull and Castle. I got a touch romantic: “Franciscan Well’s ‘Purgatory’ is hardly hell: it is beguiling, a bit sarcastic, and very good (4 of 5): like a first date who clearly is over you by the end. I suppose we should stop by Cork after all.”
Oh, how naive.
<a href="”> Read More… Continue reading