Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Franciscan Well Brewery
Last Monday sampled beer from the Franciscan Well Brewery in Cork, Ireland. We return to test their cask ale.
A week ago in Dublin, we tried their Purgatory Pale Ale from cask at the Bull and Castle. I got a touch romantic: “Franciscan Well’s ‘Purgatory’ is hardly hell: it is beguiling, a bit sarcastic, and very good (4 of 5): like a first date who clearly is over you by the end. I suppose we should stop by Cork after all.”
Oh, how naive.
<a href="”> Read More… Continue reading
Our EU Austerity Drinking Tour leaves the charms and beer of Kilkenny (posted last Monday). We head to Cork on Ireland’s south coast: our last stop in Ireland before diving headfirst into the wine-filled bosom of France. While munching on … Continue reading