Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Stout
Day 174. After merely a week in Holland, the beer of Belgium calls us. Last post (read here) we toured Rotterdam’s modern core, Delft factory, and enjoyed various beers. This EU Austerity Drinking Tour post, we take train to Antwerp.
We loved Holland. Yet Antwerp, this border town, decidedly looks south to Italy, France, and the extravagance of the Renaissance. We stow our luggage in its monumental opera house…I mean train station: Continue reading
ADDENDUM: This visit took place September 22nd 2012. According to Dean McGuinness @BeerMessiah, J.W. Sweetman’s has replaced Messrs Maguires. Oh how quickly the world of beers keeps turning. Enjoy this step through near-history. After a whirlwind first day in Dublin, … Continue reading
On Day Two in Dublin we go to the immense Archaeological Museum. After a few hours of breathtaking, minute Celtic metalwork, hunger takes us. Incapable of eating fine metalwork, we soon find The Poterhouse Brewery‘s “Central” pub on Nassau Street. … Continue reading