Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Rhein river
With the holidays in full swing, we need to escape from the joy/stress of shopping, family/work parties. So Wayward Wine will up posts EU Austerity Drinking Tour in the following weeks.
Last Monday’s post, Munich’s Residenz palace managed to glow through winter. We slighted some rather nice beer (mainly out of frustration with the monopoly of big producers). So let us give Germanic wine a chance.
Munich lacks water bodies to make wine this deep into the continent. So this white comes of the steep banks of the Rein, in the heart of Germany’s western wine country: the Rheinhessen: Continue reading