Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: scheurebe
With the holidays in full swing, we need to escape from the joy/stress of shopping, family/work parties. So Wayward Wine will up posts EU Austerity Drinking Tour in the following weeks.
Last Monday’s post, Munich’s Residenz palace managed to glow through winter. We slighted some rather nice beer (mainly out of frustration with the monopoly of big producers). So let us give Germanic wine a chance.
Munich lacks water bodies to make wine this deep into the continent. So this white comes of the steep banks of the Rein, in the heart of Germany’s western wine country: the Rheinhessen: Continue reading