Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Single Malt
We hit Scotland last August. It nearly halted our seven month, thirteen country, EU Austerity Drinking Tour. We so fell in love with its people, countryside, and Whisky that we nearly stayed. We imagined ourselves William Wallace, Robbie Burns, Mary Queen of Scots, or that princess from Brave, with every castle tour, every distillery visit, and every haggis eaten.
But back in the United States, nostalgia ate us. Local distilleries proffered harsh, young spirit: too hot and tight to be enjoyed alone.
But then we found a bottle of Pig’s Nose, Blended Scotch Whisky, Aged 5 Years, from Scotland for under $30. Continue reading
Laphroaig Whisky, Quarter Cask Single Malt, Islay Country: Scotland UK: EU Austerity Drinking Tour #25
We harbor an illegal alien. I worried that customs would confiscate it at the ferry terminal. Traveling on foot could have hurt it. Letting it loose in Belfast’s hostel risked too much. But now, at the Giant’s Causeway, it can finally … Continue reading