Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
- Okanagan Winery Visit: O’Rourke’s Peak Cellars Wine Review Chardonnay
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Plymouth
Extracted from St-Émilion’s underworld (last post), our EU Austerity Drinking Tour continues above ground. Too sick to drink, we wander. Gates and walls gird every corner of this hill-town.
You almost expect a bouncer with sunglasses to stand there. But when each bottle costs a thousand bucks, these vines become too valuable for tourists to traipse through and take selfies (#vineyardselfies).
Almost bored by all the brilliance, we walk around another Romanesque ruin abutting another Grand Cru vineyard.
But then, on the city’s edge, we also discover the birthplace of macarons. In 1620, while Pilgrims were landing in Plymouth, this bakery started selling macarons. Continue reading