Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: red blend
Welcome to Wayward Wine’s Thirsty Thursday installment.
We missed Upstate New York. Not for its brutal winters, bland food, or attitude, but for its wine. In four years, upstate shed my academic scales and replaced them with a shimmering new vinous skin. My many failed attempts at home wine production engendered a respect for those who made wine there. And Ravines was king. Their 2010 Finger Lakes Dry Riesling was one of the few that could challenge Germany (review here). Continue reading