Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: 2008
No greater feast of wine befits this Monthly Wine Writing Challenge (MWWC5):
It is 7:48 am. I should be in bed. Instead, work has me walking into a conference room. No one told me why. My waxen eyes fall on some bottles:
“Hmm, eight Penfolds for breakfast. Nothing like big, Australian reds instead of waffles. Sorry liver.”
But beyond this glass regiment, at the table’s end, sits a decanter and a bottle.
Grange. Bin 95. 2008.
But before Penfolds’ big turkey, an hour of lecture drags on like the NFL Pre-Game Show: informative but missing the point of turkey day. Finally, the feast begins with “appetizers”: Continue reading
APPEARANCE: Inky purple, paper thin clear rim, noticeable legs. AROMAS: Bold aromas of candied violet, black berry jam on burnt toast, orange zest, equal parts French and American oak lend a cigar and coconut face off. PALATE: Dry and dusty, … Continue reading