Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- How Not To Hate A Wine: Give Cheese A Chance
- The Other Pinot Noir: Wine Review Vieux Télégraphe Télégramme, Châteauneuf-du-Pape France 2014
- Thanksgiving Wine Recommendation: Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad Reserve Willamette Valley 2014
- Drinking Above My Means: Wine Auction Salud
- Breaking Bad: French Wine Rules VS Vincent Paris, Granit blanc, 2015
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: caves
Picking a Thanksgiving wine presents endless variables and pitfalls. Let’s make this simple. Choose one that will impress but not challenge or overwhelm both guests and the food. Imagine that polite, introverted guest who may not be the most memorable but charmed everyone. A wine so approachable, balanced, moderately complex but not showy does exist.
My charming/belligerent evening at Salud! wine auction (read here) inspired me. The Willamette Valley churns out many quality Pinot Noir. Today’s recommended bottle of Domaine Serene merits a place on your Thanksgiving table. Continue reading