Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: holiday
Thanksgiving can be hell. What wine will work? Food pairing is not the problem. It is people pairing (read here). In past posts, I have leaned on my French crutch of Beaujolais (here and here). Both a good Nouveau or Village will slide seamlessly along with all that salt, fat, and regret. But this is silly. Just because Nouveau releases a week before Turkey Day does not merit its place on the table. Also, most Beaujolais are too tart and lean for most guests.
Thanksgiving is an American holiday. The food is American. The people usually are too. We should drink something American. What better way to match local, bold, rustic foods than with wine from home? Continue reading