Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Christmas markets
The 140th straight day of travel ticks over with my wife and I (still married) jetting across Germany into Munich. Strasbourg charmed us with its bilingual, Alsatian wines, Christmas markets, and history. What will the land of lager bring our EU Austerity Drinking Tour? Continue reading
We leave Luxembourg after three days. It was cold, charming, and filled with the leanest wine I have had. But this way we avoid bias or over-attachment . The fish starts to smell after three days, as grandma said. After 136 days of travel, we fight to keep things fresh.
So no respectable EU Austerity Drinking Tour would head to Germany without a brief stay in Strasbourg: heart of Alsace and its fantastic wine. Continue reading