Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- How Not To Hate A Wine: Give Cheese A Chance
- The Other Pinot Noir: Wine Review Vieux Télégraphe Télégramme, Châteauneuf-du-Pape France 2014
- Thanksgiving Wine Recommendation: Domaine Serene Pinot Noir Evenstad Reserve Willamette Valley 2014
- Drinking Above My Means: Wine Auction Salud
- Breaking Bad: French Wine Rules VS Vincent Paris, Granit blanc, 2015
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: dinner
We have a few splits of Champagne left over from my Christmas gift to the wife. We can’t feel as guilty since they’re half bottles, so we open them for a side by side comparison. Guess which one is so … Continue reading
Let me level with you. Do not fret over pairing wines with food this Thanksgiving. Most books, guides, magazines, or blogs will rehash the same tired rules: Beaujolais or Pinot Noir with pork or turkey, cab with steak, white with fish.
This advice overgeneralizes matters. What if your favorite producer decided to pop their Burgundy into new barrels one year? What if you went all Martha Stewart on the bird and brown sugar-glazed it instead of brining, or got completely “rebellious”: Continue reading