Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Mourvedre Part 2: Wine Review 5 Blocks Terry Hoag Paso Robles 15
- Nebbiolo…from Oregon? Cerulean Nebbiolo Columbia Gorge OR 2010
- Fizz Fit For The Queen: Hattingley Valley Classic Reserve English Sparkling Wine NV Review
- Give Mourvèdre Its Due: Wine Review of Croad, Paso Robles, California 2011
- Nearly New Year: Champagne Dinner at Paley’s Place Portland Oregon
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: pineapple
Wayward Wine has wandered out of its natural element the last few posts. Apologies. We are in Maui. We have tried pineapple and sugar cane spirits at Hali’imaile Distillery (read here), Ocean Vodka (read here), and just toured O’o Coffee Farm (read here).
We learned that Maui’s sugar cane empire collapsed last year. The island has yet to find a viable agricultural alternative. Could wine production save it? California, Oregon, and Washington have found wine a lucrative shift. Could Maui? Continue reading
SPIRITED DAY: Hali’imaile Distillery Maui This Memorial Day kicks off our series on America’s tropical paradise, Maui. Where better to “drink local”, yet dive into coffee, pineapple vodka, sugar cane gin, pineapple and, yes, grape wine, along with endless cocktails wedged by a pineapple than the Hawaiian islands. Welcome … Continue reading