Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Whiskey Review: Mount Vernon, Straight Rye Whiskey, Virginia
- Wine Video Review: Olianas, Perdixi, Sardinia Italy
- Jean-Maurice Raffault, Cabernet Franc, Chinon France 2018: Wine Video Review
- Okanagan Winery Visit: Quail’s Gate Dry Riesling Wine Tasting
- Cheers to Fall Wine Review: 2012 Hermitage by M Chapoutier Monier de la Sizeranne
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Stanley Park
With one “dry” weather day left in Vancouver, we hike the interior of Stanley Park. We feel like lost hobbits in this endless glade.
Dog walkers disappear as we delve deeper. Misty and free of the city’s steel, we find something odd. Continue reading
Wayward Wine continues to search for drinks-related fun in “No Fun City”: Vancouver, BC. Where better to start than downtown’s Signature BC Liquor Store? But even in this urban chic city center, this state-run store only offers the same old Okanagan brands (Wayne Gretzky wine…sigh). Prices all tend to the teens and above. Anything cheaper and “local” is Australian bottled in BC (yes, they have a section for it). Thanks to brutal taxes, shelf price for any wine from anywhere, is twice what is stateside. There’s a reason people buy wine pre-made in bulk from private home brew shops: Continue reading