Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
- Time For Champagne: WSET 4 Diploma Blind Wine Tasting
- Balkan Merlot Wine Review: VukojE, Galerija, Bosnia-Herzegovina 2016
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Hitler
Before our EU Austerity Drinking Tour leaves Berlin, we take the Metro to the end of a line. The 1936 Olympic Stadium provides our destination.
Although 76 years old, it looks strangely clean and modern: normalized into a tourist site and sporting venue. Swastikas have been stripped and chiseled away. Yet fascist elements remain, including master race discus throwers and their…well… master race testicles. Continue reading
Last Monday’s post of our EU AUSTERITY DRINKING TOUR saw us tour Potsdam and try a Dunkel beer from there (read: here).
We return to Berlin for Christmas Eve. What better way to spend the eve of Christ’s birth than visiting Nazi and DDR historical sites?
We grab groceries early since Berlin closes for days. Then, disregarding the fact that my wife’s annual winter illness encroaches, we hit the pavement. We enjoy a packed lunch of smoked cheese sandwiches at Brandenburg Gate: Continue reading