Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Mourvedre Part 2: Wine Review 5 Blocks Terry Hoag Paso Robles 15
- Nebbiolo…from Oregon? Cerulean Nebbiolo Columbia Gorge OR 2010
- Fizz Fit For The Queen: Hattingley Valley Classic Reserve English Sparkling Wine NV Review
- Give Mourvèdre Its Due: Wine Review of Croad, Paso Robles, California 2011
- Nearly New Year: Champagne Dinner at Paley’s Place Portland Oregon
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Fourth of July
So July fourth once again hoves into view. If you live stateside and feel even vaguely patriotic, you might want to celebrate America’s independence with alcohol. But it falls on Tuesday. Most of us work the next day. So alcohol … Continue reading
This 4th of July, while children (and/or yourself) blow things up, there is only one choice of inebriation that pairs perfectly with pyromania: bubbly. Not just any sparkling wine, not even Champagne, but all American sparkling wine.
In past, Wayward Wine has kept it cheap and cheerful with our patriotic petillance (read here: ‘Merica). This year, we get serious and go for Napa’s founding fizzy father: Domaine Chandon. Continue reading
With the sun setting and the staccato of fireworks and screams building in the neighborhood, it’s time for my palate to get patriotic. Tonight we pop fizz with Domaine Saint-Vincent’s Brut from the highland, cool nights near Albuquerque, New Mexico: … Continue reading