Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- A Wild Fall White Wine: Nino Negri, Ca’Brione, Valtellina, Italy 2015
- Virginian Wine is for Lovers? Drinking Local -VS- Trendsetting
- Tired of Malbec? Try Cabernet Franc from Argentina
- Wine Review: Sparkling Aligote from Cave de Bissey
- Family Matters: Winery Tour of Trefethen Family Vineyards Oak Knoll Napa Valley California
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Fourth of July
So July fourth once again hoves into view. If you live stateside and feel even vaguely patriotic, you might want to celebrate America’s independence with alcohol. But it falls on Tuesday. Most of us work the next day. So alcohol … Continue reading
This 4th of July, while children (and/or yourself) blow things up, there is only one choice of inebriation that pairs perfectly with pyromania: bubbly. Not just any sparkling wine, not even Champagne, but all American sparkling wine.
In past, Wayward Wine has kept it cheap and cheerful with our patriotic petillance (read here: ‘Merica). This year, we get serious and go for Napa’s founding fizzy father: Domaine Chandon. Continue reading
With the sun setting and the staccato of fireworks and screams building in the neighborhood, it’s time for my palate to get patriotic. Tonight we pop fizz with Domaine Saint-Vincent’s Brut from the highland, cool nights near Albuquerque, New Mexico: … Continue reading