Every Monday and Thursday, we discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- Mourvedre Part 2: Wine Review 5 Blocks Terry Hoag Paso Robles 15
- Nebbiolo…from Oregon? Cerulean Nebbiolo Columbia Gorge OR 2010
- Fizz Fit For The Queen: Hattingley Valley Classic Reserve English Sparkling Wine NV Review
- Give Mourvèdre Its Due: Wine Review of Croad, Paso Robles, California 2011
- Nearly New Year: Champagne Dinner at Paley’s Place Portland Oregon
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: New Years Eve
With a newly minted one year-old daughter, my wife and I will not make it to midnight on New Year’s Eve. We find the next best fudge: sparkling wine Wednesday dinner at foodie stalwart Paley’s Place in Portland, Oregon. Continue reading
Alexandria and I wish you and yours a happy, prosperous, and peaceful new year. May your glasses fill with Champagne for all of 2017. (And try grower Champagne, Marc Hebrart, Blanc de Blancs: dry and taut yet redolent of orchard … Continue reading
Confused by the Champagne shelf? Me too. Prestigious-sounding names blur together. Navigating the cursive fonts, French, shiny labels, crests, colors, and high prices might send you to Prosecco. Continue reading
And so it ends not with a whimper but a bang. We cannot leave Paris without cracking a few more bottles of bubbly. No 191 day EU Austerity Drinking Tour could finish France without value Cremant or Champagne.
For a mere €15.00 we find true, actual, not Prosecco, Champagne from Champagne, France (specifically the village of Buxeuil in the region’s southern extreme). Grower André Diligent et Fils created this Brut: Continue reading