Every Monday, discover new wines, regions, and ways to understand this fermenting sea.
- 2020 Harvest Report: Tualatin Valley, Oregon
- Hiyu Wine Farm: Oregon’s Sustainable Utopia in the Columbia Gorge
- Wine Review: Domaine Tollot-Beaut Chorey-Les-Beaune Rouge 2011
- Wine Review: Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Monopole France 2017
- Extreme Wine Trip: Okanagan Valley BC Canada Part 1
Munching Vidal Blanc on Keuka Lake, New York
Tag Archives: Jancis Robinson
I woke up this morning, checked my inbox, and was shocked into silence. Jancis Robinson, the Jancis Robinson, goddess of wine writing, had published on her Purple Pages my entry of my seminal wine experience. The winner gets a set … Continue reading
It’s my wife’s birthday and I’m in trouble. I sell wine to restaurants throughout Portland. But who to choose. We rarely eat out. We mostly cook, and it’s usually vegetarian. So the whole restaurant scene seems like overpriced, meat-fest fluff (especially when we buy wine at cost). Yet, deep down, she wants to be overwhelmed. Nothing too formal, just outstanding.
Argghhh… Continue reading
Long time no chat, internet. Since we last spoke, I have retired from selling wine at a respectable boutique. Our fling lasted three tumultuous years. She took this lost archaeologist into her inebriating embrace. I returned her love with an … Continue reading